May 31

Son set to do four-week national service in South Korea during delay

first_imgTOTTENHAM star Son Heung-min is set to complete his four-week national service in South Korea during this coronavirus season delay.The Spurs forward, 27, managed to get out of the mandatory 21-month service after he led his nation to the gold medal at the Asian Games in 2018.3 Son Heung-Min will serve four weeks in the South Korean military during the coronavirus lockdown3 Son is currently trying to keep fit while on lockdown in South KoreaUnder South Korean law, before the age of 28 you must complete 21 months of national service, unless you earn an exemption.Son’s victory two years ago gave him that exemption – but is still required to complete a shortened four-week regime.With the football season on hold, Son headed home last week to do his duty.He arrived in capital city Seoul with his parents on Sunday – and must now spend 14 days in quarantine.It is the second spell of quarantine he has undertaken during the coronavirus crisis, after he was forced to spend 14 days in self-isolation on returning to the UK at the end of February, after he opted for surgery in South Korea.READY FOR THE RESTART?After that he will potentially begin his four weeks of service immediately and faces a race to complete it before any potential season restart.The hope for Son – and Tottenham – is that he can sneak his month of service in before the campaign gets underway again.All Premier League football is currently suspended until April 30, but all 20 teams are set to meet on Friday via video-link to determine whether there needs to be a further delay.Amongst many suggestions, the Premier League season could be finished behind closed doors once players are deemed to be healthy.3MORE SPURS STORIESHARRY ALL FOUR ITKane admits Spurs must win EIGHT games to rise into Champions League spotGossipALL GONE PETE TONGVertonghen wanted by host of Italian clubs as long Spurs spell nears endBELOW PARRSpurs suffer blow with Parrott to miss Prem restart after appendix operationPicturedSHIRT STORMNew Spurs 2020/21 home top leaked but angry fans slam silver design as ‘awful”STEP BY STEP’Jose fears for players’ welfare during restart as stars begin ‘pre-season’KAN’T HAVE THATVictor Osimhen keen on Spurs move but only if they sell Kane this summerYOU KAN DO ITKlinsmann quit Spurs to win trophies but says Kane’s better off stayingTURBULENT PAIRINGDrogba and Mido had mid-flight brawl after stewardess prank went wrongGossipSPURRED ONTottenham table contract offer for Bayern Munich’s teenage starlet Taylor BoothExclusivePASS THE TESTEngland’s NRL-based stars urge bosses to make room for a Test this yearBut the 2019-20 campaign could yet be cancelled entirely, with this summer’s Euro 2020 already pushed back by a year due to the pandemic.Son is currently recovering from a fractured arm after falling hard during the 3-2 win over Aston Villa – but provided a positive update last week.The Spurs star said: “It’s already more than four weeks after surgery now and I’m doing very, very well and working hard to be ready to come back.”Jose Mourinho says Son Heung-min will self-isolate for two weeks on return from South Korea over coronavirus fearslast_img read more

December 25

SAMURAI SWORD THUG HEAD-BUTTED WOMAN GARDA IN DRUNKEN ATTACK

first_imgA DONEGAL man caught wielding a sword outside his neighbour’s home later launched a vicious and unprovoked attack, a court has heard.Michael Sweeney, from Glencar Park in Letterkenny, appeared before the District Court in the town today.Garda Una Halligan told judge Paul Kelly that she responded to reports of a man “wielding a samurai sword” on November 18, 2012. She found 40-year-old Sweeney outside a neighbour’s home with the sword.Garda Halligan said when she arrived at the scene a male came out of a house was verbally abusive to the people inside the neighbour’s house.The witness said she arrested Sweeney and he had called her a “f***ing w****”Once at Letterkenny Garda Station, she said: “He hit me in the face with his head; I could see him coming out of the corner of my eye and he connected.“My eyes began to swell up almost immediately. He continued to shout obscenities; I fell backwards towards the door.“He looked down at me and he started laughing and said ‘did you like that?’.”Judge Kelly asked the Garda about her injuries.“I had to take a week off until the swelling went down a bit,” said Garda Halligan.The court heard Sweeney had 30 previous convictions including one for assaulting a Garda.Defence solicitor Patsy Gallagher said Sweeney suffered from a number of issues and applied for probation reports.Judge Kelly said the incident was “very serious”.He adjourned sentencing to await the results of the probation report.SAMURAI SWORD THUG HEAD-BUTTED WOMAN GARDA IN DRUNKEN ATTACK was last modified: November 11th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Letterkenny CourtMichael Sweeneyswordlast_img read more