A Chittenden County Superior Court judge denied today a Vermont State Employees Association request for a restraining order against the Douglas Administration. The state workers’ union sought the order against the administration to stop it from laying off more than 120 state employees, approximately 100 of whom were scheduled to begin departing state government today.In a written statement, VSEA Director Jes Kraus said: “Our heart goes out to the hundred employees who are being, in our views, unnecessarily forced out the jobs that they work so hard at. VSEA will continue pursuing every option available to us in our efforts to avoid more senseless layoffs.” In any case, the administration maintains that it has the right to layoff workers, as it always has, and will go ahead with its plan to do so. It expects the action to save about $13 million through this job action in the coming fiscal year. VSEA s complaint asserted that the layoffs violate the Appropriations Act, which went into effect June 2 over Governor Douglas’ veto. The Act specifically prohibits the administration from proceeding with layoffs unless they are first submitted as part of a plan that is vetted and approved by the Legislature s Joint Fiscal Committee. However, a companion bill passed Wednesday to the Act (the state budget) somewhat changed the language of that section. Attorney General Sorrell had offered an opinion to legislative leaders suggesting the language might be unconstitutional, which is a point Governor Douglas previously had made. Also at issue is that the state budget technically does not kick in until the start of the new fiscal year July 1, calling into question whether the layoff language, right or wrong, can even be applied during the current fiscal year. Nor has the governor signed nor vetoed the companion bill. In an effort to not have to file this lawsuit, VSEA did send a letter to Secretary Lunderville on Tuesday, asking the administration to rescind the RIFs, but we never heard back, said VSEA Director Kraus. That silence forced VSEA to take the action we will tomorrow (Thursday), as we believe the Legislature s veto override means the governor must now follow the law, whether he approves or not.
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Reuters:A consortium led by French state-owned utility EDF has won a contract for a major 600 megawatt (MW) offshore wind project near Dunkirk in western France, Environment Minister Francois de Rugy said on Friday.EDF’s bid in partnership with Germany’s Innogy and Canada’s Enbridge beat rivals including utility Engie in partnership with Portugal’s EDPR and energy group Total in partnership with Denmark’s OrstedThe ministry said the tariff proposed by the winning consortium was significantly lower than 50 euros per megawatt hour (MWh). That compares with 63 euros/MWh for an onshore wind tender of around 516 MW that was awarded by the government on Wednesday. It also said the price was comparable to the best prices seen in European offshore wind projects and demonstrated the competitiveness of the French wind industry.The wind farm will have forty-five wind turbines producing 2.3 terawatt hours of electricity per year from 2026, equivalent to the consumption of around 500,000 French households.EDF, which operates France’s 58 nuclear reactors that accounts for over 75 percent of the country’s electricity needs, is rapidly expanding into wind and solar generation. Its EDF Renewables subsidiary, which manages around 13 gigawatts (GW) of installed capacity globally, has a project portfolio of more than 2 GW in France. It is negotiating to participate in two projects in China totaling 500 MW and also developing an area with a potential of 2,500 MW in the United States.“Our winning bid was highly competitive, and this has notably prompted the government to double the offshore wind power targets contained in its multi-year energy Plan, giving new development opportunities for EDF and all participants in the sector,” EDF’s CEO Jean-Bernard Levy said in a statement. The government said on Wednesday it would double the pace of developing offshore wind projects to 1 GW per year from around 500 MW previously as costs are falling.More: EDF consortium wins 600 MW Dunkirk offshore wind project EDF wins French offshore wind project with bid below 50 euros per MWh
Fnatic – a professional esports organisation based in London, United Kingdom – will host tryouts for its competitive Fortnite roster at this year’s E3.Taking place on June 12-14th, Fnatic’s captain Johan “Ettnix” Bengtsson will keep an eye open for top talent to join him ahead of the inception of Fortnite esports. These tryouts will span all three days of E3.Patrik “cArn” Sättermon, Chief Gaming Officer and Co-owner of Fnatic stated: “Epic’s recent announcement regarding the competitive side of Fortnite is something we as a team are incredibly excited about. As always with Fnatic, we’re looking to recruit the world’s best. By running this experiment at E3, which is the first time we’ve ever done anything like this as an organisation, we are providing fans with the opportunity to showcase their ability on Fortnite and have some fun. You never know, we may even unearth some hidden talent that could one day compete for Fnatic.”The tryouts for Fnatic’s Fortnite squad will be hosted at DXRacer’s booth at the main show – it’s worth noting that the gaming chair company is an official partner of the organisation. Players may take part in a single solo game, winning a variety of prizes depending on the kills they obtain. 5 kills will see players gifted with a mouse mat, 10 kills will earn them a Fnatic Gear Clutch 2 mouse, and the best players on the day will also receive a Fnatic Gear Streak Keyboard.Johan “Ettnix” Bengtsson, Captain of Fnatic Fortnite added: “For players that live and breathe esports, an opportunity like this is one in a million. This is their chance to show up and impress when the pressure is on. I might even give a few the chance to play against me!”Just a couple of weeks ago, Epic Games announced that it would be providing $100m (£74m) in prize pools to fund the first year of esports for its Battle Royale title, Fortnite. Fnatic currently competes in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2, FIFA, Heroes of the Storm, League of Legends, Paladins, Rainbow Six Siege, Rocket League, and Street Fighter V.Esports Insider says: This is a rather unique method of recruiting players for a professional team – especially in Fortnite – and we hope it proves fruitful for Fnatic. It’s a great opportunity for players, and will undoubtedly drum up quite a bit of interest in DXRacer’s booth at E3.Sign up to our newsletter!