Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Svitolina, the only seeded player still in contention in her quarter, had five aces, only 11 unforced errors and didn’t serve a double fault in the 59-minute match.Kostyuk sobbed into a towel in the tunnel soon after leaving the court, but could joke about the defeat when asked later what she could take out of the experience.“Well, a lot,” she said. “How much you have to pay Svitolina to have one-hour lesson? I got it for free.”Kostyuk received entry into qualifying because of her junior girls’ victory last year at the Australian Open. She won all three qualifying matches, then her first two in the main draw.Svitolina will next play Denisa Allertova, who beat Magda Linette 6-1, 6-4.ADVERTISEMENT Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours View comments Lillard leads Trail Blazers past Pacers Ukraine’s Elina Svitolina, right, is embraced by compatriot Marta Kostyuk after winning their third round match against compatriot at the Australian Open tennis championships in Melbourne, Australia, Friday, Jan. 19, 2018. (AP Photo/Dita Alangkara)MELBOURNE, Australia — Elina Svitolina ended 15-year-old Marta Kostyuk’s run at the Australian Open, met her at the net for a warm embrace and offered some words of encouragement.With the temperature hitting 40 Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) for the second straight day, fourth-seeded Svitolina reached the fourth round at the season-opening major for the first time with the 6-2, 6-2 win on Rod Laver Arena.ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew “It was sad playing another Ukrainian girl, same country is always tough,” Svitolina, one of five women in contention for the No. 1 ranking, said. “She’s a great fighter. She has a great future — we’re going to hear a lot more about her.”Kostyuk entered the tournament ranked No. 521 — a number that will likely be halved next month — and had wins over 25th-seeded Peng Shuai and Olivia Rogowska to become the youngest player to win main-draw matches at the Australian Open since Martina Hingis in 1996.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkThe step up to facing a top 10 player was too much for Kostyuk on Friday.She had nine double faults, including on match point, and only got 37 percent of her first serves into play. Almazan vows to comeback stronger after finals heartbreak Athletes treated to a spectacle as SEA Games 2019 officially ends PLAY LIST 08:07Athletes treated to a spectacle as SEA Games 2019 officially ends01:02Fans fill up Philippine Arena for SEA Games opening00:50Trending Articles02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Newsome sets focus on helping Bolts open new PBA season on right track Michael Porter Jr. stays patient as playing time increases Nonito Donaire vs Naoya Inoue is BWAA 2019 Fight of the Year Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson LATEST STORIES In the opening match on Rod Laver Arena, Petra Martic celebrated her 27th birthday with a 6-3, 3-6, 7-5 over Thai qualifier Luksika Kumkhum.“That was really ugly,” Martic said of the heat. “We were lucky to play on Rod Laver because we had some shade behind so you could hide for a few seconds in between the points.“Other than that, it’s just, you just need to be mentally tough and ready to just suffer out there.”Elise Mertens needed four match points before clinching a 7-5, 6-4 win over Alize Cornet, who needed a medical time out in the second set after complaining of being short of breath. After having her blood pressure taken and being draped in ice towels, she was able to continue and play seven more games.Mertens will meet Martic in the next round.The temperature was forecast to hit 42 C (108 F) but a weather change in the afternoon eased conditions slightly.Kyle Edmund was the first man into the fourth round, overcoming Nikoloz Basilashvili 7-6 (0), 3-6, 4-6, 6-0, 7-5 in 3 ½ hours on open court in the peak of the heat.No. 10 Pablo Carreno Busta had a 7-6 (4), 4-6, 7-5, 7-5 win over No. 23 Gilles Muller. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next
That was rejected last March, as was an appeal in December to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.However, he still has the right to appeal against his ban, UEFA said.The method is on the World Anti-doping Agency’s prohibited list and carries a maximum ban of four years.Nasri is currently without a club having left Turkish side Antalyaspor by mutual consent last month.The doping affair started when a Los Angeles clinic called Drip Doctors tweeted the fact they had treated Nasri with an intravenous vitamin booster whilst the player was on holiday there.Nasri was at that time on loan from City at Sevilla, who expressed surprise when the story broke in the media — Spanish anti-doping authorities quickly took up the matter and opened an inquiry at the end of 2016.After shining as a youngster at his hometown club Marseille, Nasri was recruited by Arsene Wenger at Arsenal and switched three seasons later to City for a then sizeable £25 million (28m euros, $35m) transfer.He won two Premier League titles at City but was loaned out to Sevilla and then sold to Antalyaspor at the end of last season.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Samir Nasri is without a club and will not be able to play again this season © AFP/File / MIGUEL RIOPAPARIS, France, Feb 27 – Former Manchester City midfielder and France international Samir Nasri was handed a six-month doping ban “for using a prohibited method” by European football governing body UEFA on Tuesday.Nasri, 30, had appealed to UEFA for a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) following a multi-vitamin intravenous booster he received at a Los Angeles clinic in 2016.