May 31

Son set to do four-week national service in South Korea during delay

first_imgTOTTENHAM star Son Heung-min is set to complete his four-week national service in South Korea during this coronavirus season delay.The Spurs forward, 27, managed to get out of the mandatory 21-month service after he led his nation to the gold medal at the Asian Games in 2018.3 Son Heung-Min will serve four weeks in the South Korean military during the coronavirus lockdown3 Son is currently trying to keep fit while on lockdown in South KoreaUnder South Korean law, before the age of 28 you must complete 21 months of national service, unless you earn an exemption.Son’s victory two years ago gave him that exemption – but is still required to complete a shortened four-week regime.With the football season on hold, Son headed home last week to do his duty.He arrived in capital city Seoul with his parents on Sunday – and must now spend 14 days in quarantine.It is the second spell of quarantine he has undertaken during the coronavirus crisis, after he was forced to spend 14 days in self-isolation on returning to the UK at the end of February, after he opted for surgery in South Korea.READY FOR THE RESTART?After that he will potentially begin his four weeks of service immediately and faces a race to complete it before any potential season restart.The hope for Son – and Tottenham – is that he can sneak his month of service in before the campaign gets underway again.All Premier League football is currently suspended until April 30, but all 20 teams are set to meet on Friday via video-link to determine whether there needs to be a further delay.Amongst many suggestions, the Premier League season could be finished behind closed doors once players are deemed to be healthy.3MORE SPURS STORIESHARRY ALL FOUR ITKane admits Spurs must win EIGHT games to rise into Champions League spotGossipALL GONE PETE TONGVertonghen wanted by host of Italian clubs as long Spurs spell nears endBELOW PARRSpurs suffer blow with Parrott to miss Prem restart after appendix operationPicturedSHIRT STORMNew Spurs 2020/21 home top leaked but angry fans slam silver design as ‘awful”STEP BY STEP’Jose fears for players’ welfare during restart as stars begin ‘pre-season’KAN’T HAVE THATVictor Osimhen keen on Spurs move but only if they sell Kane this summerYOU KAN DO ITKlinsmann quit Spurs to win trophies but says Kane’s better off stayingTURBULENT PAIRINGDrogba and Mido had mid-flight brawl after stewardess prank went wrongGossipSPURRED ONTottenham table contract offer for Bayern Munich’s teenage starlet Taylor BoothExclusivePASS THE TESTEngland’s NRL-based stars urge bosses to make room for a Test this yearBut the 2019-20 campaign could yet be cancelled entirely, with this summer’s Euro 2020 already pushed back by a year due to the pandemic.Son is currently recovering from a fractured arm after falling hard during the 3-2 win over Aston Villa – but provided a positive update last week.The Spurs star said: “It’s already more than four weeks after surgery now and I’m doing very, very well and working hard to be ready to come back.”Jose Mourinho says Son Heung-min will self-isolate for two weeks on return from South Korea over coronavirus fearslast_img read more