October 27

Higuain pays tribute to Gattuso

first_imgGonzalo Higuain dedicated his winner for AC Milan against SPAL to Gennaro Gattuso after the striker ended his goal drought in a 2-1 victory.Higuain had gone nine games without a goal going into Saturday’s contest at San Siro, and rarely looked like breaking his duck in a largely unconvincing display.However, he struck the decisive blow from close range in the 64th minute as Milan, who saw Suso sent off late on, ended a run of five games without a win by coming from a goal down, Samu Castillejo having initially cancelled out Andrea Petagna’s opener. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? There had been reports Gattuso could be sacked if Milan failed to claim a positive result, but the Rossoneri now head into a two-week break on a high ahead of a Coppa Italia clash with Sampdoria and the Suppercoppa Italiana meeting with Juventus.Back to winning ways! Good job, boys!Torniamo alla vittoria! Dai Milan! #MilanSpal 2-1 pic.twitter.com/TK1q7SN1u9— AC Milan (@acmilan) December 29, 2018And Higuain was quick to pay tribute to his coach after they moved within a point of the Champions League places.”It was an important goal and three fundamental points after all we’ve wasted before, but now we can have a rest with our families,” the striker told DAZN.”It’s natural the fans expect more from me. I came to Milan because I was convinced by the project here and I want to continue like this.”Gattuso has always supported me and above all been honest. This goal is for him. Now we’ve got the Supercoppa, it’s the first trophy of the season and we want to win.”last_img read more

October 20

Delhi govt offers to help Bihar tackle AES

first_imgNEW DELHI: The Delhi government announced on Wednesday that it is keen on lending a helping hand to the Bihar government to deal with the crisis in whichever form required. “The entire country is distraught and concerned by the visuals being played by the media. The images of children crying and suffering in Bihar’s hospitals have been heartbreaking for all of us. In this time of difficulty, on behalf of the Delhi government, I want to offer any help needed by the Bihar government in tackling this crisis. Delhi can offer help in the form of medical teams, paramedics, ambulances — and anything else that may be required,” said Deputy CM Manish Sisodia. Also Read – Kejriwal ‘denied political clearance’ to attend climate meet in DenmarkOver 100 children have lost their life in Bihar after consuming toxic lychee fruit. According to several reports, the fruit was found to be infested with virus and the patients showed symptoms similar to that of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES), a deadly brain disease. Meanwhile, the Delhi government held a fresh attack on BJP-led Centre over the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia termed the Ayushman Bharat scheme as a white elephant. He said that the scheme has failed the people of the country and is not practical as what is required is to strengthen our healthcare infrastructure and access for all to healthcare. He said that this scheme is more about paying the insurance companies, than taking care of the health of the people. Also Read – Bangla Sahib Gurudwara bans use of all types of plastic itemsThe Bharatiya Janata Party and their Central government ministers have been advertising the Ayushman Bharat scheme lately. Unfortunately, this crisis has proven that the scheme is a white elephant. The scheme does not provide healthcare coverage to most ordinary citizens since the eligibility requirements mandate that persons who own telephones, 2-wheelers or fridges are not covered under the scheme. Moreover, the scheme does not provide coverage for primary healthcare and Out-Patient treatment,” said the Deputy CM. He added that a strong network of healthcare infrastructure, not insurance schemes like Ayushman Bharat. Instead of enriching insurance companies, the government should have focused on building Mohalla Clinics, Poly Clinics, adding capacity to existing hospitals and building more hospitals. “Delhi has provided a model to the country by setting up Mohalla clinics, Polyclinics, and hospitals. More beds, more ICUs, more modern machinery is the need of the hour. That is the solution for today’s healthcare problem,” he said. Health Minister Satyendra Jain raised the question of why children suffering from AES in Bihar are not being treated at private hospitals under Ayushman Bharat scheme. He said, “Most of the children suffering [from AES] would have qualified under the eligibility requirements of Ayushman Bharat. Yet we find that all children are being treated at the government hospitals. What has happened to scheme in this case?”last_img read more

September 22

Snapchat hackers reveal 46m phone numbers

first_imgThis information was acquired through the recently patched Snapchat exploit and is being shared with the public to raise awareness on the issue. The company was too reluctant at patching the exploit until they knew it was too late and companies that we trust with our information should be more careful when dealing with it.The site owners added: “For now, we have censored the last two digits of the phone numbers in order to minimise spam and abuse. Feel free to contact us to ask for the uncensored database. Under certain circumstances, we may agree to release it.”On 27 December, Snapchat – which was created by two Stanford students, Evan Spiegel and Bobby Murphy – said that a security group posted documentation for the app’s private API on Christmas eve.“This documentation included an allegation regarding a possible attack by which one could compile a database of Snapchat usernames and phone numbers,” said Snapchat.They continued that theoretically, if someone were able to upload a huge set of phone numbers, they could create a database of the results and match usernames to phone numbers.In the 27 December statement, Snapchat said that it has recently added safeguards and counter-measures to make this difficult to do, and is continuing to make improvements to combat spam and abuse.The comment came after Gibson Security, which is a group of Australian anonymous hackers, published a report on a vulnerability with Snapchat that could be exploited to potentially reveal user data.Today, Gibson Security tweeted that they “know nothing about SnapchatDB”, but added “it was a matter of time til [sic] something like that happened”.Tech website TechCrunch said it had originally speculated that the database website might be a hoax – until at least one of its editorial team found their own number on the site.Read: Explainer: Why did Snapchat turn down Facebook’s $3 billion offer?>Read: This Irish farmer is the king of Snapchat> SNAPCHAT USERS – WHO include 11 per cent of the population of Ireland – have been warned that their phone numbers and usernames may have been put online.A site called SnapchatDB, believed to have been set up by hackers, claims that it is a database that “contains username and phone number pairs of a vast majority of the Snapchat users”.Snapchat is an app that allows users to send each other video and photos with messages, all of which disappear within 10 seconds.Today, SnapchatDB said on the site:last_img read more